DigitalFems, a non-profit organisation that promotes the presence of women in open-source communities, is opening a call for female and non-binary gender developers to contribute to CKAN as part of their DigitalFems Grant Programme. They are searching for a MENTOR to help the developers solve technical doubts related to CKAN features.
What is expected from the MENTOR?
The ideal MENTOR is a male or female senior developer with good knowledge of CKAN. As important as having a good level of knowledge is also believing that increasing the number of female devs in tech in general - and in CKAN in particular - is of great importance and that good coding skills are not related to gender. Enjoying teaching and showcasing CKAN features is also important.
What is DigitalFems looking for?
Digitalfems is looking for a MENTOR to cover 20 hours in 6 weeks. The hourly fee to contribute to a more diverse CKAN community is 35€, making a total of 700€ + taxes.
- 15 hours of tech mentorship for 2 grantees: 3h/week
- 5 hours of meetings and documentation to be prepared
Tasks expected from the MENTOR:
- Attend weekly stand-up (40 minutes)
- Attend second weekly stand up (a 20 minutes quick update)
- 2 hours/week for 5 weeks to support feedback around technology queries etc
- Provide links and other resources to help the grantees learn
- 3 hours to meet the Digitalfems team, launch and wrap up
What are the main deliverables?
- Migrate theme plugin from a v2.7 platform instance to v2.9
- Improve and migrate different plugin developments related to tagging
- Assist in executing a server migration from one cloud platform to another
What is the grantee's profile?
The grantees profiles will be female or non-binary devs, with around 2 years of coding experience, RoR/ Python knowledge, and basic backend skills.
When will you get paid?
Once the contractual paperwork is finalized, you will be paid 40% of the total amount. On completing the project you will be paid the remaining 60%.
How can you apply?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th of April!