It's time for CKAN Monthly Live! In this talk, we are going to have Oleg Lavrovsky, one of the founders of the Swiss Open Data community, organizer of hackspaces and hackathons, and freelance coder. He will share ten tips for encouraging throngs of hacktivists to boldly venture into the darkness of inscrutability; armed only with a principle, some plugins, and a notebook. (Hint: not all user journeys start at the landing page! 😋)
💡 Join this webinar to see:
- How data portals powered by CKAN enable open Hackdays, Hacknights, Hackfests and Hackathons (and what the diff?). Oleg will demo tools like dribdat or hoppscotch that a broad range of data explorers use in their quests, and share a few pain points that may be slowing down the adoption of CKAN today. It will be fun!
💡 In his presentation Oleg will cover:
- How to make CKAN hackable
- Supporting & championing data (re)users
- The role of data catalogs in the age of misinformation
- Oleg Lavrovsky
Board Member at Opendata.ch
Oleg Lavrovsky is a freelance coder with a sixth's sense for content management glitches, dedicated to furthering the art and science of commas, like, many, others, here. Oleg is active in the Open Knowledge network, runs data literacy workshops, consults renowned institutions, blogs on occasion, commits with pride, and - always - Pull Requests with deference. Canadian-Swiss expat, a citizen of a climatically destabilised planet, 8-bit space nerd, family man, et cetera.
- How to connect
- ActivityPub: @email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/loleg
- Twitter: @loleg (inactive)
- Website: https://dat.alets.ch
- GitHub: loleg
- How to connect
- Date: Wednesday, Feb 15, 2023
- Time: 13:00 UTC
- How long: 60 mins
- Language: English
- Reserve your spot here.
Google Meet joining info
- CLICK HERE to join with Google Meet
- Or dial: (BG) +359 2 907 4153 PIN: 492 965 761#
- More phone numbers here
- Welcome and introductions – 10 min
- Presentation from Oleg – 30 min
- Discussion / Q&A – 15 min
- Community announcements and sharing (if any) – 3 min
- Closing – 2 min
You can have a look at the [CKAN Monthly Live] Meeting Doc. Feel free to add items and things you’d like to discuss to the agenda.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and join our LinkedIn Group! You can also visit our website and blog to learn more! Our LinkedIn Page is brand new - follow us there and spread the word!
Don’t forget to share your experience by using #CKANMonthlyLive!
We look forward to seeing you all on CKAN Monthly Live!