This month’s CKAN Monthly Live will highlight the Open Data Portal of The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA). You will understand about NHSBSA’s support for the open data community and what are the main motives behind their decision to build the portal as open source. Our speakers - Nick Greenley and Craig Anderson - will tell us more about the main challenges they stumbled upon when trying to make more of their data open, encourage use and re-use while protecting the confidentiality of patients and keeping their data secure.
Join us to learn about some interesting use cases of custom extensions, features and tools developed for the portal in order to save time, deliver better quality, efficiency and value such as:
- data explorer extension which gives the ability to filter effectively and preview large resources with ease and download filtered resources;
- functionality for zipped upload of resources;
- tools for transparent audit trail and output log of all user activities;
- and others.
The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department of Health and Social Care which provides a number of support services to the National Health Service in England and Wales such as managing the NHS pension scheme, issuing European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC), and administering payments to pharmacists and dentists.
- Nick Greenley
Head of Business Intelligence at The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA)
- Craig Anderson
Head of External Reporting Services at The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA)
- Date: Wednesday, September 15
Time: 13:00 UTC
- Language: English
Register: Reserve your spot here.
- Frequency: Every third Wednesday of the month at 13:00 UTC
- Add event to calendar Apple Google Office 365 Outlook Outlook.com Yahoo
- CLICK HERE to join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 861 8088 9272
- Welcome and introductions – 5 min
- Presentation – 15 min
- Discussion / Q&A – 10 min
- Community sharing & announcements - 10 min
- Closing – 5 min
You can have a look at the [CKAN Monthly Live] Meeting Doc. Feel free to add items and things you’d like to discuss to the agenda.
Share Your Experience
Don’t forget to share your experience by using #CKANMonthlyLive!
We look forward to seeing you all on CKAN Monthly Live!
#CKAN #OpenSource #OpenData #OpenKnowledge #CKANproject